I have courage to try again so I am better than me a while ago
My beautiful wife Divya and my kids Ananya and Neil
Song Writer & Musician
...although a crappy one!
Finance Director - Barclays Bank
...love the focus and effort involved
...with bad English and haven't written a new one for years now
- Read (a book a week)
- Swim (100 pool lengths a time)
- Heavy & Black Metal (listening only)
- Gardening (not in Chennai)
- Golf (super beginner)
Values-driven and results-oriented senior manager with more than a decade of financial strategy and analysis experience. Proven ability to influence global organisation towards a balanced commercial and customer objectives with sound financial and risk management principles.
1. Experienced team leader with track record of managing virtual team
2. Thought leader with ability to guide financial decisions for ambiguous Innovations agenda
3. Effective business partner contributing balanced perspective (on shareholder, customer and colleague goals) towards decisions
4. Proven ability to manage business P&L
5. Demonstrated ability in managing complex centralized Investment Optimization process (~US$1Bn budget) for 22 countries within a global organisation spanning multiple regions, economies, political and social factors
6. Track record of building financial models and contributing to negotiations for commercially viable Partnerships businesses. Experienced in dealing with co-brand / partnership construct with pharmaceutical company, retail chain, entertainment provider, technology provider etc.
7. Award-winning academic achievements and exceptionally strong academic foundation
8. Ardent believer in “Common Sense”
Sep 2015 – Present
Barclays Wealth and Investment Management
Head of Cost Decision Support
May 2014 – Aug 2015
Head of Commercial Finance
Sep 2013 – May 2014
Lead and manage end to end commercial finance activities for the whole of Barclaycard UK business.
Vice President Finance - NPD, Digital & Marketing
Nov 2011 – Sep 2013
Senior Finance Business Partner to a highly innovative organisation within Barclaycard Europe responsible for
1. Development and commercialisation of mobile (NFC) payment proposition and other m-commerce / e-commerce solutions to the UK market
2. Development of Digital/Social Strategy
3. Integrated marketing (Brand and Product) for Barclaycard’s diversified product offering
As a finance partner, my responsibilities include supporting and advising my business partners on various commercialisation options and highlighting / supporting investment opportunities optimised to generate maximum financial returns and support the business towards its strategic direction.
Finance Manager - Investment Optimisation
Dec 2009 – Nov 2011
Support International Consumer Business in achieving its short and long-term business objectives through driving the Investment Optimisation and allocation process across 21 international markets, including investment planning, tracking and analysis.
Manager - Membership Rewards Planning
Nov 2008 – Dec 2009
Planning - Management of Planning process, working with International Finance and Business teams to ensure that forecast accurately reflects latest business strategies and initiatives.
Results Management - Perform monthly results analysis and interpret results to International CFO and Rewards Business Head.
Manager - Int'l Charge Card Finance
Mar 2008 – Nov 2008
Business Partnering - Partnered with charge card business to develop strategy and drive incremental growth.
Decision Support - Decision support analysis of key drivers, highlighting underlying business trends and areas of potential opportunity.
Investment Appraisal - Review of proposed investments, financial cases for strategic initiatives and recommend funding decisions.
Reporting - Prepare and review monthly and quarterly financial reports; identify trend in drivers and bottom-line results; and communicate variance from planned outcome.
Oct 2006 – Mar 2008
Supported American Express consumer international business with financial analysis
American Express Bank
Financial and Business Analyst
May 2005 – Sep 2006
Month Ends, Reporting, Unit costing etc.
Global Realty Outsourcing
Aug 2004 – May 2005
Discounted cashflow modelling for real estate investments in the US
ACMA Management Accountancy 2007 - 2009
Secured 6th highest marks wordwide in both Financial Accounting and Tax Principles and Business Strategy exams.
University of Madras
MA Economics 2005 - 2006
MS Finance 2001 - 2005